Is REPriiSENT a dead blog?

Monday, December 18, 2006

Wii GameCube Capable

I do not own a GameCube, so when I got excited about a game, I was disappointed that it was for GameCube and not for the Wii. Then, it dawned on me. The relationship between the GameCube and the Wii is much different than the relationship between the XBOX and the 360.

The Wii has one-hundred percent backwards compatibility for GameCube games, even the GameCube controllers are compatible! This means I'll be looking for cheap deals on the Starfox, Metriod, and Super Smash Brothers Melee games, and for a few GameCube controllers to play the games as well.

Since my XBOX no longer works, I bet I could trade some games in, hopefully on a one-for-one basis since they're the same generation.

EDIT 11:09 AM: The Wii has two slots for GameCube Memory Cards as well, but it appears that you have to have a GameCube Memory card to save your place in a GameCube game when playing it on the Wii. Link: Crave: Must-have Nintendo Wii accessories. Maybe Sapa can confirm this for us!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good job guys!
-Oompa

SDtektiv said...

Thanks Oompa! I always get a little rush when someone comments on our blog!

Anonymous said...

Every place you'll find takes games in for 5 dollars store credit. Good luck

SDtektiv said...

only $5! Oh no! That's like trading an Xbox game for one NES game on Virtual Console.

Add to Google