Is REPriiSENT a dead blog?

Tuesday, January 9, 2007

Nintendo Wii Notions

It seems that every time I visit NexGen Wars, the Wii's sales climb by a million. It will be interesting to see if it will surpass the 360. I sent NexGen Wars a few questions in an email to their "press" email address, but I wonder if they have enough time to answer questions; they have to keep track and count sold consoles. You might be wondering just how they do it... me too!

On the bus ride home from school today, a friend of mine and me ended up talking about the Wii. He said that he hadn't heard that great things about it. He added, "I mean, it's probably a lot of fun and all..."

"...but isn't that the point?" I responded.

It is true that if you want excellent graphics and sound and the like, the 360 is a very good overpriced alternative. But what I see in Nintendo is that instead of lots of focus on improving the graphics to make it more realistic, they like to experiment and revolutionize gaming entirely in other aspects. It seems that the other gaming systems just take what is already good and push it as far as they can, and the revolutionizing stuff is not in actual gameplay but in add-ons. Xbox LIVE gets major props though. That was revolutionary.

From what I've heard, WiiConnect24 isn't at the level of Xbox LIVE yet, but it is free.


No comments:

Add to Google